Fellowship - The WCIB provides a forum for like-minded professionals and a conduit for participation in the City of London's ancient traditions. This transcends networking, fostering the comradeship that drives the Company's important charitable and educational work. The Company holds two major dinners each year, the Annual Banquet in late February or early March and the Installation Court Dinner in late September or early October, as well as a varied programme of other social events throughout the year.
Charity - Since its foundation the Company has donated over £1.3 million to various charitable causes through the Company's charitable trust the International Bankers Charitable Trust.
Education - The WCIB aims to raise standards of financial literacy and change lives for the better through educational initiatives delivered with partner charities.
Promoting the Profession - The Company aims to foster a positive view of the role of the City's financial institutions and promotes high ethical standards within the industry.
We are the City of London’s 106th Livery Company. We are a fellowship of professionals from the international financial services sector. We stand for trust, honesty, integrity and the WCIB Lord George Principles for Good Business Conduct.
The Lord George Principles for Good Business Conduct
1. To act honestly and fairly at all times when dealing with clients, customers and counterparties and to be a good steward of their interests, taking into account the nature of the business relationship with each of them, the nature of the service to be provided to them and the individual mandates given by them.
2. To act with integrity in fulfilling the responsibilities of your appointment and to seek to avoid any acts, omissions or business practices which damage the reputation of your organization and the financial services industry.
3. To observe applicable law, regulations and professional conduct standards when carrying out financial service activities and to interpret and apply them according to Principles rooted in trust, honesty and integrity.
4. To observe the standards of market integrity, good practice and conduct required by or expected of participants in markets when engaged in any form of market dealings.
5. To be alert to and manage fairly and effectively and to the best of your ability any relevant conflict of interest.
6. To attain and actively manage a level of professional competence appropriate to your responsibilities, to commit to continued learning to ensure the currency of your knowledge, skills and expertise and to promote the development of others.
7. To decline any engagement for which you are not competent unless you have access to such advice and assistance as will enable you to carry out the work competently.
8. To strive to uphold the highest personal and professional standards.
We support each other. We donate money and volunteer time to make a difference, to increase financial literacy, to nurture education, to raise aspirations for employment and to support the City of London and its institutions. We are bankers and advisors, insurers and investment managers, regulators, wealth managers and more – we are employees, consultants, partners, directors and retirees drawn from well over 250 companies and 40 nationalities. We are the Worshipful Company of International Bankers by Royal Charter granted December 2007. We are a member of the Financial Services Group of livery companies (FSG).